Davar Covid Information
Thank you for your support and understanding during the Covid-19 pandemic.
We are all very aware that the virus has changed how we think about many things, and we want to reassure you we are doing everything we can to make your stay with us safer, whilst still making sure you feel welcome, well informed and relaxed during your stay with us.
Before you arrive
- We cannot allow any guests showing signs of Covid-19 into Davar, for the safety of other guests and our family. If you develop covid-19 symptoms during your holiday/before arrival, please call NHS on 111, then let us know that you will not be arriving before returning home. If you have been advised to self-isolate, please do so at home. We cannot put our family or other guests at risk.
- If you develop symptoms during your stay with us, unfortunately for the safety of others (and following Scottish government advice) you will have to return home
- We reserve the right to cancel at short notice in the unlikely event of a Covid-19 case on the premises. We cannot find an insurance company to offer cover for this eventuality and can therefore only accept bookings with this proviso
- All rooms at Davar are en-suite and there are few shared areas, we have adjusted our dining room allows adequate social distancing.
- We sanitise all door handles and light switches, door keys etc (touch points) before you arrive. During busy arrival times, we will be sanitising the front door handle after every guest arrival – please accept our apology if the handle is still a little sticky/wet when you get here.
- We have removed soft furnishings (cushions, throws etc) from display. If you prefer to use them, you will find them in the wardrobe, but we would ask that you leave them out if used so that we know they have been used and we will ensure they are deep cleaned on departure. We have also removed tablecloths – but hope you like the alternative.
We steam clean all soft surfaces on guest departure – if your room carpet is slightly damp on arrival, again apologies.
- We have a corona risk assessment document available should you wish to read it, please ask.
- Local restaurants have all been closed also, they will begin opening around the same time as us and will face challenges in social distancing also – please book a table before arrival as it is likely they will be very busy and have less seating than they might have previously been able to offer. Restaurant details will be on your confirmation email.
- If you prefer to avoid contact with shared surfaces, please call us on arrival (+44) (0) 1571 844501 and we will open the door to the property and your room from a safe distance for a contact free check in.
- There will be hand sanitiser at the front door (and in all public areas) for your convenience.
- Please mask up in public area - it is for everyones protection. We can provide gloves and sanitary wipes for your convenience should you require them.
- The only shared areas on the premises are our dining room, hallway, and guest lounge. To maintain social distancing, we have temporarily closed the guest lounge and we ask that you maintain social distancing in other shared areas.
During your stay
- For your peace of mind and safety we will minimise contact and will only enter your room for cleaning after you have left the premises - if you wish to remain in your room during the day, we will be unable to clean it.
- To maintain social distancing we have had to change our breakfast offerings - our breakfast buffet has been replaced with a fully orderable alternative and we ask that you fill in the breakfast tick sheet and pop in on the hall table the night before. In order to maintain social distancing we will limit numbers in the dining room by having breakfast sittings - whilst we will do our best to accomodate your preferred time, slots will be offered on a first come first served basis based on your breakfast order
- We offer a packed breakfast (please just tick the to-go options) if you prefer.
Departure and general information
- We will take payment using the card you booked with, automatically on the morning after arrival. If you would prefer to use an alternate means of payment, please let us know as soon as possible – at this time, we are unable to process split bills.
- There is a bell in the hallway, please give it a ding if you would like us to offer any tips for activities or travel. It will be sanitised after every ding.
It’s a crazy time out there and appreciate this is a long read but we’re trying our best to keep you safe, welcomed and comfortable – if there is anything else we can or should be doing, please let us know (ideally before departure) and we can do our best to make your stay with us the best it can be.Home
"Thank you for reading - we appreciate you taking the time"